Thursday, May 21, 2009

By the power vested in tea...

Where would the world be without a nice cup of tea?

Each sip seems to have a knack of making things appear brighter.

The Londoner didn't ring and I didn't see him, so I didn't need to decide on which shoes to wear! But his Facebook status reads "is on his way to Sydney with a sad face" Yes, I have been stalking him on Facebook. That's another thing I'm not sure we could live without - Facebook. Tea and Facebook.

I went on a date last night - I will refer to him as 'the accountant'. It was quite cute, he picked me up from drama teaching and we went and sat by the river as the sun attempted to redeem itself after all that pissing rain. It was obvious he was trying to kiss me and eventually I let him because it was easier that trying to avoid it any longer. (When you are sat wrapped up in a rug shivering, and someone's lips are only a few inches from your face, there are only so many times you can cough or wipe your nose or go 'look over there!' to avoid it).

I felt like a bowl of milk the way his tongue was lapping away at me. I tried biting it but that just encouraged him more. I thought perhaps his technique might be good in other places, alas I don't think with kissing skills like that he could ever turn me on enough for me to let him get down that far.

And his hands are small. Never a good sign.

But it was nice enough - we watched a movie and went for dinner, conversation flowed easily. But he held my hand on the way to and from the car which made me a bit sick in my mouth. Then he offered to walk me to my door. Ha.

Anyway, I'm going to a comedy club with the accountant tonight as I got some free tickets for my birthday and my friend Lucy let me down last minute. Would be a waste not to go. It's just difficult because he is ready to settle down. He knows what he wants from life. And I don't yet. There is so much more of the world I want to see. And he doesn't make me heart go 'boom' like the Londoner.

You know that feeling when you are trying not to think of someone and yet the more you try not to, the more everything around you reminds you of them? Like a song that's stuck in your head and although its annoying you and you wish it would go away, you find yourself humming the catchy little tune all day long. Then it finally gets out of your head...and you hear it on the radio. That was the Londoner for me yesterday.

Alas, time for another cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment